Filing a Claim – Third Party Insurance
The Demand Letter
Demand letters are very important. Such a letter should be written by a lawyer and sent to the insurance company for the third party and to the third party’s attorneys.
A demand letter should contain:
- An accurate statement of what happened.
- An articulate description of the resultant losses and damage.
- A complete and detailed statement of the money damages suffered.
- A specific dollar demand.
- A reasonable time limit to respond.
A demand letter should not be sent until all of the above information is available.
Next: The Claim Process